There have been a whole array of news articles discussing the uninsured rate and how it is the lowest it has been since 2008. In a recent Gallup poll, it was determined that the Uninsured Rate dropped to 13.4%, nearly 4 four percentage points since late 2013. We are hearing a lot about the newly insured but what about those that have not elected their new health benefits?
Here are 10 facts you might not know about the Uninsured:
- Texas has the highest uninsured rate out of the United States
- 40% of low-income women are still uninsured
- 5% of low-income women do not know about the different options they have available
- 11 States have not yet decided to expand Medicaid
- Out of pocket costs are more of a barrier to care for women than men
- 60% of women did not know that insurers have to cover at least one preventive visit a year
- There are many immigrants throughout the United States that do not qualify
- Simple diagnostic imaging test such as a MRI could cost up to $5315 out of pocket
- Many of the uninsured are turning toward community centers which typically provide primary care
- It is likely that some of the newly insured will not pay their premiums and will rejoin the uninsured.
How many of you knew these facts already?
Here at DiagnosticWorks, we help the un-insured, under-insured, and folks who are determined to manage how their health dollars are spent. DiagnosticWorks provides patients access to diagnostic medical services they need at rates they can afford. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Early detection saves lives.
To find out more about our network of radiology and diagnostic centers, and for more information on how we can assist you and your loved ones find affordable diagnostic healthcare, go to www.DiagnosticWorks.com.